lunes, 3 de octubre de 2011

Crazy Chick Music

So my boyfriend. among his assortment of rock nacional, ACDC, 80s hits, and various other nonsense, has one album by CocoRosie. I listened to one song for about one second and couldn´t do it anymore...the singing was like...an old lady trying to seduce her trillions of cats...I have no idea...
Later I stumbled upon the video for Lemonade by them, and was intrigued and confused and all sorts of things...bearded women and crazy costumes, and a song that alternates between some sort of 30s style song and a freaky lament...and then random keyboard in the middle, that shit was weird..but you can´t help but keep watching....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu3EcAHdHlE&ob=av2e

and then you dig deeper and find some other crazy stuff, and see that of the two sisters, Bianca certainly has a semi crossdressing fetish going on, which is weird because it looks good on her...but then you´re just aroused and confused haha...here´s them doing a cover of Turn Me On
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZ72mXy_W0

I have no words...its like, a ladyman with a squealy voice, plus beatbox...and harp...and a tape recorder with someone speaking french...I think they just fell into a dumpster and crawled out with a song....a musical dumpster in France..

But they have some creepy passion, so you can´t look away...its like watching some hobos having sex...its sort of repulsing but you have to think and realize that everyone needs love, and that you shouldn´t judge them so harshly...and that you should stop staring at them...

In contrast we have Zap Mama, who I discovered when I was first here in Argentina on exchange.  Here´s one of their very first songs..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvppQYwpukc&feature=related

At first you might be weirded out as well by the crazy outfits and complete lack of inhibitions, but its so fucking catchy you don´t care after a few seconds.  I think the difference here between them and CocoRosie is the creepiness factor...I wish I could say that every single day of my life I´d be comfortable sporting a moustache, but I´m really not that androgynous...unless its Halloween..
I guess I´m more about being a woman, but being whatever kind of woman you want and embracing it to the point that you´d be comfortable walking around naked...role-playing is sort of a different thing for me...like you can´t do that shit all the time...but then if you´re an artist you can do whatever you want and people will praise you like some sexless god recently emerged from a hole in the desert...

My point is, Zap Mama is cool with me, and CocoRosie still freaks me out a bit...
lady staches...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario